Wednesday, February 4, 2009

PIE

PIE


That day i spent sitting in the Looney Bean Coffee shop in Mammoth, where i was supposed to be reading, but instead was double-fisting a Grande Coffee and a Grande Chai, not to mention the small coffee on the window sill i got for buying a bag of beans...I met this chap named Brian.

He told me about this! All natural ingredients

CRUST:

Raw Almonds

Med Jule Dates (don't forget to take the pits out)

Put them in a food processor until they are pretty fine

Put into pie pan like you would a ghaham cracker crust

Chill over night

Next time, i may try baking it for 10 minutes

The Insides:

Raw cashews - soak in water AT LEAST 8 hours or MORE.
Drain

Banana

Blueberries

Put it all into a food processor

I added a little agave nectar

Put into crust Chill for a few hours

I put a garnish of strawberries because bananas change color!!




SUPER good!! i may try apricot in the crust next time, or silken tofu instead of cashews in the middle. Definately try it! It has a huge anti-oxidant punch!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try it. I'll give you my address and you send a couple over :)

    ReplyDelete