Monday, March 2, 2009

Always back to Breakfast

The other day, Allison posted a status on Facebook inquiring what people eat the night before a race. I didn't answer, but, I usually vier towards breakfast. Or mexican food...

Saturday morning i busted out my favorite mix! I love pancakes, but the goodies that go on top usually ruin me, as do all the empty carbs!!

I have "created" quite the whopper though.

Buckwheat pancakes!!
Follow the instructions on the box (i usually use soy/almond milk and two egg whites, no yokes), then add:

Extra water
Flax Seed Meal
Wheat Germ
Cinnamon
Some crushed rolled oats
If you need it....one scoop protein powder. I added this the morning of the race...

So delicious! and light and fluffy! The extra ones i threw in my cooler for a post race snack with yogurt!

For the topping, i opened the refrigerator to see what i could find!
Strawberries
Blueberries
Black berries

I threw a handful of each in a bowl, added about 1/2 cup water and some agave nectar!
Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes and you have the BEST fruit compote for your topping!! (Trust me, from working at a Bed and Breakfast...this stuff can be REALLY full of sugar and naughty stuff!)
It only took me about 15 minutes to make all of it start to finish!! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am going to make those pancakes. Lovely, clean recipe and the fruit looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete